Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ALBUM OF THE WEEK! - Vampire Weekend 'Contra'


I am always listening to music and find it very influential and vital when I am designing, travelling or relaxing. A couple of months ago I was in the car listening to the radio and came across Vampire Weekend thanks to SHAZAM!! I instantly fell in love and am particularly fond of the song Horchata. I highly recommend getting the album Contra and being inspired by Vampire Weekend's eclectic, other worldly sound. I think music is such an important tool for memory as it transports you back to the past and reminds you of where you were and how you felt when listening to that music. For example when I was studying for the HSC back in 2005 I was listening to mellow sounds such as The Shins, Augie March and The Stands and now when I listen to these bands I am reminded of the feeling I felt when finishing school and starting the next exciting stage of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment